Monday, June 17, 2013

Branding - Monogram options

\
I just wasn't satisfied with the previous options that I posted before and so I hunkered down and drew up some more. I think these are much better, more diverse and creative. The top ones I believe are unfortunately unrealistic for what I need, although I really like them. I will have to narrow them down to three or four. I will then ask opinions once I have narrowed down the logo image, the two will have to complement each other.
I don't think people really think much about the design process for the many images they see everyday. The ones that have been branded into their brains, that have been all over advertising for as long as they can remember. I believe when you make a choice like this it can be a very personal, stressful, and emotional process. You want to be sure you are represented accurately by your branding. It is who you are, what you do, and what you are capable of? As an artist I feel this is an important step, it is a representation of my signature, not just my style, but who I am as an individual, and the legacy I leave behind. Maybe that is why I have taken so long to reach the conclusion that I must start signing my pieces with a more professional monogram.

No comments: